Are you having trouble paying your energy bills? Do you want to lower your energy costs? Are you interested in making your home warmer in winter or cooler in summer?
The Brotherhood of St Laurence, Uniting – the Uniting Church’s community services organisation – and the Australian Energy Foundation have launched a free service called the Energy Assistance Program to help eligible Victorians save on their electricity and gas bills. This service is independent of energy companies and is supported by the State Government.
The program can help you:
• Find a cheaper energy offer;
• Ensure you are receiving the energy concessions to which you are entitled to help lower your energy bills;
• Get help from your retailer if you are struggling to pay your energy bill or get help fixing a billing error;
• Access a utility relief grant or develop a payment plan with your retailer;
• Improve the energy efficiency of your home;
• Access the $250 Power Saving Bonus if you are eligible; and,
• Establish your eligibility criteria, include any hardship you experienced due to COVID-19.
Visit the EAP website or phone 1800 830 029 toll-free to find out more.