That feeling of pulling on your favorite jeans and finding them a bit too snug is a very common one – particularly as we find ourselves starting to enjoy the freedom of heading out a bit more and wearing clothes other than active wear to stay warm and comfy around the house.
It only takes around 500 additional calories per day to gain ½-1kg a week. That’s the equivalent of around two standard glasses of wine and two rows of chocolate each day. Let’s be honest, a lot of us enjoyed this during the COVID-19 restrictions!
Other than fitting into our ‘pre-COVID’ wardrobe, there are so many health benefits of losing those extra COVID kilos:
• You will reduce your likelihood of health-related problems such as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, joint problems and sleep disturbances.
• A weight loss of 5kg can reduce up to 20kg load on your knees.
• Improved sleep quality. One study showed that people who lost 5 per cent of their total body weight slept for 22 minutes longer than they normally would.
• Losing 10 per cent of body weight reduces the volume of fat around the liver by 14.7 per cent.
• Losing just 3.3kg and following the Be Fit Food, Be Rapid program for one week has shown to reduce blood glucose levels and blood pressure.
Most importantly, you will feel amazing.
Don’t procrastinate. The best way to start is to just do it. If you’re unsure whether a weight loss program is suitable for you, we advise you to talk to your health professional, and you can speak with our Be Fit Food dietitians.
Kate Save is the CEO and co-founder of Be Fit Food in Mornington. For more info, go to befitfood.com.au or phone 1300 2 MEALS (63257)
BE FIT FOOD
A: 2/49 Mornington-Tyabb Rd, Mornington
T: 1300 263 257