Beleura rehab ward
Beleura private room – rehab ward.
Mornington Peninsula residents now have greater access to comprehensive rehabilitation services thanks to a major expansion at Beleura Private Hospital. The $3.5 million upgrade doubles the number of private rooms available for inpatients and features a new gymnasium and consultation rooms.
CEO Michelle Henderson said Beleura’s rehabilitation services were always in high demand, and the additional beds would help more patients access care in a timely manner. “This expansion is great news for our community because more people will be able to access our excellent rehabilitation and allied health specialists right here on the Mornington Peninsula,” Ms Henderson said. “We can now provide 60 private, modern inpatient rooms all with their own ensuite, which is double what we used to have. Locals will also be able to access our comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation services, like physiotherapy and occupational therapy, all in the one convenient location.”
The expanded rehabilitation unit provides therapy seven days a week and includes:
- 60 inpatient beds, all modern private rooms with ensuites
- Fully-equipped gymnasium
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Heated indoor pool for individual and group hydrotherapy treatment
- Change rooms and showers for outpatients attending hydrotherapy
- Consultation rooms for private medical assessments and reviews
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) kitchen for assessment and therapy sessions
- Group rooms for education sessions
- Wireless internet access
- On-site kitchen for patient meals
- Free on-site parking
- Patient lounge.
Patients wanting to attend the inpatient rehabilitation program ﬁrst need a referral from their GP or specialist. For more information, head to the website.